kgb_ is a privately held, New York-based company and the world's largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services. During its nearly twenty year history, kgb_ has built some of the most successful brands in the telecommunications, customer care and enhanced information services sectors.
kgb's customer care business operates in the U.S., Europe and the Philippines. With over ten years of BPO experience we provide call center support for leading customer service and sales-oriented organizations across a variety of industry groups, including telecommunications, cable, utilities, government, financial services and health care.
Our European brands include Conduit in Ireland and the UK, The Number 118 118 in the United Kingdom and Le Numero 118 218 in France, all of which are leading players in their respective markets.
We have pioneered the provision of a broad range of wholesale and retail information services beyond traditional directory assistance services, including call completion, movie listings, train schedules, price comparisons and "Ask Us Anything" service across multiple platforms, including mobile and landline phones, SMS and the Internet.
In 2009, we launched our text answer service, 542542 (kgbkgb) following the success of our similar "Ask Us Anything" premium text answer service in the United Kingdom. Early in 2010, kgb_ extended the brand to the Web with the launch of kgbanswers.com, a site where users can search the vast kgb_ database of questions and answers, or ask their own question directly to a kgb_ Special Agent.
In 2010, we harnessed our database of hyper-local directory assistance information to launch www.kgbdeals.com, a deal site that brings its members daily discounts on popular products and services - by March 2011, kgbdeals was offering deals in more than 100 cities globally and had become the third largest daily deal business in the world.
Later in 2010 in the U.S. and Europe, we launched www.kgbpeople.com, a people search engine that enables consumers to monitor their profile on the Web, set alerts, and manage their reputation online.
Last year we served more than a hundred million consumers globally.
“At A Glance”
- Global BPO services provider
- • Founded in 1992
- • 13 contact centers, 5000+ seats in 6 countries
- • 10,000+ associates
- • Extensive work-at-home experience
- Full suite of turn-key BPO services delivered worldwide
- • “Live” agent, IVR, Speech Recognition
- • 2-way SMS texting, Chat, Click-to-Talk
- • Social Media CRM
- • Back office capabilities
- Innovative technology solutions: 26 patents issued; 51 patents pending
- Visionary Social Media and SMS CRM platform
- Largest provider of Enhanced Information Services in the world
- Demonstrated expertise supporting a wide range of industries
- Multiple service offerings
- • Full-service BPO Delivery
- • Retail Directory Assistance
- • kgbkAnswers (2-way text)
- • kgbdeals online retail Platform
- • kgbPeople